Whether you are a novice for soldering iron or have a lot of experience, finding a model that offers the kind of durability and performance you need will not be easy.
Fortunately, I have created an article that covers all the key components and features you should look for in a top-notch Weller soldering iron.
I have also included three of the Top 3 Weller Soldering Irons for stained glass, so you should not have a problem finding a set that fits your skills and budget.
Below is a comparison chart for each of these products, along with key insights into their great features, how each model was rated, and more.
There are many brands out there, Weller and its best Weller iron mentioned below can be a great choice. So let us move on.
You may Like : Top 9 Best Soldering iron for stained glass
There are several points you need to know when choosing the best Weller-stained soldering iron. Therefore, you can shop frugally. A soldering iron that will do your job best and give you the best possible output.
Weller SP80NUS 80-Watts LED Soldering Iron
900 degrees Fahrenheit
Best for Beginners
Weller WPS 18MP Soldering Iron
925 degrees Fahrenheit
Weller WP35 Soldering Iron
850 degrees Fahrenheit
Like many other tools, a soldering kit is a personal choice. Everyone will use their iron for a slightly different purpose and everyone will have different criteria that their welder wants to meet. Because of this, it is not so easy to choose the “best” iron.
Instead, look at your needs, settings, and intended uses and ask yourself what is right for you. Once you have asked yourself these questions and are looking for the right soldering iron, you can find the best wall irons here.
1- Weller SP80NUS 80-Watts LED Soldering Iron
- 80 Watts of power
- Max 900 degree Fahrenheit
- 7 years of warranty
- Item weight 0.5 pounds
- Corded electric Power Source
Although the SP80NUS is one of the older options, it can still be a great option for many buyers who are new to the welder field and want a reliable option.
The Weller SP80NUS soldering iron ranks first on this list because this soldering iron is the cheapest option shown here. Even for the advertised price, you can get a high maximum temperature of 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
It can offer this thanks to its 80-watt power, which is also slightly higher. However, it also means that the power consumption of this Weller iron will be higher. Although this is an entry-level offering, this Weller iron comes with a 7-year warranty.
2- Weller WPS 18MP Soldering Iron
- 60 watts of power
- 925 degree Fahrenheit
- 7 years of warranty
- Ac Power Source
- 0.6 pounds of item weight
As Weller’s range of WP iron machines is a bit new and recently launched, they are much more efficient and just as powerful at the same time.
The Weller WPS18MP iron ranks second on this list, as it is one of the more affordable options. For starters, this soldering iron will get you to quite a high temperature, up to 925 degrees Fahrenheit.
Since it can do this with just 60 watts of power, this is one of the most efficient options around. There is a built-in LED light, but it is not the bright. As with previous Weller offerings, a 7-year warranty applies here as well
3- Weller WP35 Soldering Iron
- 35 power watts
- 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- 7 years warranty
- Corded electric power source
- 6.7 ounces item weight
Since not everyone wants a high-performance iron, Weller also produces ultra-low-power models that consume minimal power compared to other high-end options.
The Weller WP35 iron appears to be the most energy efficient iron on this list. Even with low power consumption, this soldering iron can reach temperatures of up to 850 degrees Fahrenheit.
While it may not be the highest, it is decent considering the power output is only 35 watts. As you would expect from any other Weller iron, this one also comes with a 7-year warranty.
If you are in the market to buy a new soldering iron for your electrical projects, you will find many brands to choose. While some offer inexpensive options, others offer advanced options. On the other hand, the best Weller iron machines discussed earlier in this article strike a good balance between price and performance.
You can easily get an idea of the performance of the various Weller iron machines shown above as we have also covered their main features and options. Based on all of these guidelines, here are our preferred recommendations for Weller top irons:
- Those of you who rarely use a soldering iron and just want a cheap soldering iron can opt for the Weller SP80NUS. Although this is an entry-level soldering iron, it offers 80 watts of power. This results in a high maximum temperature of 900 degrees Fahrenheit. As with the superior Weller models, this model is also covered by a 7-year warranty.
- The Weller W100PG is a little expensive, but it offers great heat build-up. In fact, this Weller soldering iron gives you an excellent power of 100 watts. It also comes with a 7-year warranty, which makes it quite reliable. Although it is maximum, temperature is only 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If all you need is a Weller soldering iron with the perfect maximum temperature, you can look at the Weller BL60MP. This soldering iron will give you the perfect maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit. And since this is possible with only 60 watts, the power consumption is quite low. As with other Weller welders, this one is also guaranteed for 7 years.
More Tools for stained glass art……….